When it comes to writing I wouldn't consider myself abysmal, but I'm certainly not the best. My strength in writing is holding a conversation with the reader, so narrative is really my style. I'm great at telling stories and keeping the reader intrigued. My weakness would most likely be determining which person to use when writing the paper (first person/third person). Since I'm good at holding a conversation with the reader, that is usually what I resort to. Even in situations where the paper should be expository. My action plan for this is to read more and try to identify the way in which the books are written.
1.)Why do you think that the reoccurring images of Kien's battalion allowed him to be able to write so freely? pg.86 2.)Why sudedenly did Kien feel reborn? pg.87 3.) Why do you think Kien was "reviewing" his past? pg.88 4.) On page 88, Kien says "the novel seemed to be in charge and he meekly accepted that..." has there ever been something like this happen to you, if so, what? 5.)Kien says that there is a thin line between dying and survivng, do you agree with this? pg.89 6.)From the above question, if you do not believe that there is a thin line between dying and surviving, what is your view on death? 7.)Kien says that dead soldiers are sometimes more significant that the living soldiers, why do you think Kien believes this and do you agree?pg.90 8.) After the body was found and buried, the music was never heard again. What do you think this symbolizes? pg.90-91 9.) "He died still hoping desperately that I'd come back and save him as ...
Comments
Post a Comment